Omega is a video chat mobile application. You can meet cool and interesting people from all over the world, enjoy fun chats, and make new friends on our platform.
The key functionality of Omega is a video chat mobile application where users can meet cool and interesting people from all over the world, enjoy fun chats, and make new friends on our platform. It pairs individuals (“Users”) together based on compatibility and other factors, and to enable individuals to chat and communicate online through various media including text, and video (collectively, the “Service”).
According to relevant international regulations, Omega will not provide the Service in the following countries or territories:
So-called Donetsk People's Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People's Republic (LNR)
Information We Collect
There are three basic ways we collect information:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we get when you use our services
- Information we get from third parties
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
By visiting and interacting with Omega, its Platform and/or its Service, you provide us with Personal Information which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Personally Identifiable Information: may include, without limitation, the information provided when you register to use the Platform and/or the Service, including your name, profile picture, date of birth, phone number, phone book content, address, email address, occupation, employer, gender, age, birthday, and friend list, and/or other social network usernames and ‘likes' and preferences, friend lists and a number of friends you have via social networks, messages to other users of the Platform and the Service, use information regarding your use of the Service, profile picture that you upload via the Platform or the Service, and browser information.
- The information you choose to provide above may be shared with your contacts on our service. You have total control over your profile information and you can modify it at any time. Your Profile is available to other users of the Service who are connected to you on our service. In addition, unless you opt-out (which you may do so at any time in the settings of our application), your Profile is discoverable by other users. You may choose to “block” any user on our platform to prevent unwanted access to your Personal Information.
- You may also choose to share your mobile device’s Contacts list with us (including names, numbers, emails, Apple ID, etc) and we will store it on our servers to help you better improve our service, e.g. connect with friends on our service. If you do not want us to store this information, you may opt-out through your account settings or notify us via email. If done so, we will not be able to offer some of the features of our service.
Of course, you’ll also provide us with whatever information you send through the services. Keep in mind that the users you send texts, images, and any other content to can always save that content or copy it outside the Platform. So, the same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to Omega as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact Omega Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, how many people you’ve had a video chat conversation with and for how long. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. We may collect information including but not limited to:
- Content uploaded through the video stream when using the service through video chat. It includes creating or uploading different kinds of content to the Platform, including without limitation, photos, text, messages, posts, html, URLs, pictures, video and other content (collectively, “User Contributed Content”), and the metadata that is provided with the content. As you upload User Contributed Content, you should be mindful of your privacy as well as the privacy of others.
- How you communicate with other Omega users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot). We allow you to share text messages, photos, screenshots, videos and other forms of communication on our service with other users, and if you choose to do so your text messages, photos, screenshots, videos and other communications may be stored on our servers. In addition, if you choose to share these items with other users, we may not be able to remove them from our servers or make them unavailable to anyone you have shared them with. Sending and sharing text
messages, photos, screenshots, videos or other communications on our service is your decision. By choosing to share that information, you should understand that you may no longer be able to control how that information is used and that it may become publicly available. We are not responsible for any use or misuse of the information you share.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, none direct display of content moderation, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- User content e.g. photos, screenshots, comments, and other materials that you create on the service may also be collected. Your photos and videos may be captured by other users on the service, and those content can be stored and used by us or third party services for content moderation and community safety monitoring purposes. You can change third party sharing options in our product settings or write to us directly.
- Device Phonebook. Because Omega is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- Details about how you’ve used our services.
- Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
- If you contact us by email and other means we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and will use these contact info and correspondence if we respond to you.
When you use our services, some or all of the following cookies may be set on your device.
2. Cookie categories
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our services, such as enabling you to log in, remembering your preferences, and keeping you safe by detecting malicious activity.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies help us understand how our services are being used and help us customize and improve our services for you.
- Advertising & marketing cookies: These cookies determine how effective our marketing campaigns are and make the ads you see more relevant to you. They perform functions like helping us understand how much traffic our marketing campaigns drive on our services, preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, selecting advertisements relevant to you, and measuring the number of ads displayed and their performance, such as how many people interacted with a given ad.
- Social networking cookies enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our services through third-party social networking and other websites or services. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
3. How can you control cookies?
- There are several cookie management options available to you. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may make using our services a less satisfying experience as they may not be as personalized to you. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our services. You can set and adjust your cookie preferences at any time by using the tool available on our website or by heading to your account settings and adjusting your app cookie preferences.
- Browser and devices controls
- Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
- You may also be able to reset device identifiers or opt out of having identifiers collected or processed using the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedures for managing identifiers are slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in your device's help or settings menu.
Name of the third parties
- Log data:Internet egress IP, interface request logs (including the requested interface name and time), and interface exception information (including the reason for the exception)
- Monitoring data:The success rate and average latency of the application dimension interface
- Configuration data:Application configuration
We use this data for performance analysis to provide and improve this feature. Please note that this data is perfectly compatible with our Server Load Balancer (CLB), Tencent Tencent ApsaraDB for MySQL (MySQL), Tencent Tencent TencentDB for MongoDB (MongoDB), Tencent Cloud TencentDB for Redis (Redis), Message Queuing CKafka (CKafka), and Cloud Object Storage (COS) features.
Meta Platform Inc
- The device and software you’re using, and other device characteristics.
- What you’re doing on your device, like whether our app is in the foreground or if your mouse is moving (which can help tell humans from bots) Identifiers that tell your device apart from other users’, including Family Device IDs. Information you’ve shared with us through device settings, like GPS location, camera access, photos and related metadata Information about the network you connect your device to, including your IP address. Information about our Products’ performance on your device.
- Information from cookies and similar technologies.
IP address, IDFA, Android ID,Google Advertiser ID, Google account profile
Firebase Authentication uses the data to enable end-user authentication, and facilitate end-user account management. It also uses user-agent strings and IP addresses to provide added security and prevent abuse during sign-up and authentication.
Firebase installation IDs
Firebase Cloud Messaging uses Firebase installation IDs to determine which devices to deliver messages to.
Crashlytics Installation UUIDs
Breakpad minidump formatted data
(NDK crashes only)
Firebase Crashlytics uses crash stack traces to associate crashes with a project, send email alerts to project members and display them in the Firebase Console, and help Firebase customers debug crashes. It uses Crashlytics Installation UUIDs to measure the number of users impacted by a crash and minidump data to process NDK crashes. The minidump data is stored while the crash session is being processed and then discarded.
Firebase installation IDs
Performance Monitoring uses Firebase installation IDs to calculate the number of unique Firebase installations that access network resources, to ensure that access patterns are sufficiently anonymous. It also uses Firebase installation IDs with Firebase Remote Config to manage the rate of performance event reporting. Additionally, it uses IP addresses to map performance events to the countries they originate from. For more information.
Firebase installation IDs
Remote Config uses Firebase installation IDs to select configuration values to return to end-user devices.
Mobile ad IDs
Firebase installation IDs
Analytics App Instance IDs
Google Analytics for Firebase uses the data to provide analytics and attribution information. The precise information collected can vary by the device and environment.
User content information（Photos，Videos）
Risk identification, content review of violations
Device MAC address, Bluetooth MAC address, SIM card information (ICCID, IMSI), unique device identification code (IMEI, IDFA, ANDROID ID, device hardware serial number), installed software list, basic configuration information of the device (device name, CPU, memory, screen, model, operating system), system and software related configuration information, WIFI and cellular network information (WIFI network card MAC address, WIFI hotspot MAC address, WIFI name, List of peripheral WIFI information, network connection method, carrier information), IP address
Used for risk control and anti-fraud to ensure account and transaction security
– Dynamic IP Addresses
– Use Configuration Data
This is information about the deployment of the Agora SDK and related configuration.
– Real-Time Engagement Metadata
This includes metrics about when and how the Service is used.
– Feature Usage
This includes data about Service preferences.
– Performance Data
This includes metrics about the Service performance and quality.
– Service Logs
This is data we generate about system-related events, such as errors and systems/servers’ reports.
– Usage Data
This is data we generate about when, how, and how long our Service is used.
– On our Enterprise Customers’ instructions (which may include to provide you with our Service, operate, maintain, enhance and provide the features of the Service, monitor, diagnose and analyze the performance and effectiveness of our Service, analyze user patterns and conduct aggregated analytics, provide our service in a secure manner, prepare billings and usage reports, and to provide other services and information that you or our Enterprise Customers request).
– As required by applicable law.
– Voice Data
When you use our real-time voice engagement services.
– Video Data
When you use our real-time video engagement services.
– Messaging and Images Data
When you use our messaging services.
– Other Data
Depending on what service you use, our Enterprise Customers and Agora may collect additional information from products like Chat such as:Client logs | Device Type/Device Model | Device random value num. | Username, password, Username(id) | App Key | User messages | User message | User push messages | User push message attachments | Push Token | User nicknames | avatars | email addresses| and custom information [ from message body] | Usage data including but not limited to total number of users, daily active suers, daily new registrations, number of messages Other Information Shared by our Customers Our enterprise customers may ask us to process additional information in accordance with our data processing terms, applicable statement of works and customer agreements.
– On our Enterprise Customers’ instructions (which may include to provide you with our Service, operate, maintain, enhance and provide the features of Service, monitor, diagnose and analyze the performance, debug the services, analyze the effectiveness of our Service, analyze user patterns and conduct aggregated analytics, provide our Service in a secure manner, prepare billings and usage reports, and to provide other services and information that you or our Enterprise Customers request).
– Other Data collected is used to deliver the functions of the service.
– As required by applicable law.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
We provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- Communicate with you.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as a local cache so that you can open the Platform and view content faster.
How We Share Information
In certain instances, we may share your personal information with third-party service providers to further improve and optimize our service for you. We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other users. We may share the following information with other users
- Information about you, such as your username and name;
- Information about how you have interacted with the services, such as the names of users you are friends with, and other information that will help users understand your connections with others using the services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Omega friends in common;
- Any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook;
- With all users and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as the general public:
- Public information like your profile pictures that you submit to Local. If a Local service is streamed on the web or broadcast in some other media, it may be viewed by the public at large.
- With our affiliates, we may share information with entities within the Omega family of companies.
- With third parties, we may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Omega gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You expressly agree that information provided when you register the Platform and/or the content your created when using the Platform (including without limitation, photos, text, messages, posts, html, URLs, pictures, video and other content), may be recorded, stored, published and made available to the rest of Omega users. Furthermore, other users may follow you on the Platform, and your followers can see, for example, the user contributed content that you have uploaded to the Platform. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in the information you provided or content that
you create in the Platform.
Your information may also be stored and process in any country in which we provide service to due to server facilities and third-party service teams. By using our service, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. To the extent that you use a profile that may be available to others on our Service, you are solely responsible for its content and accuracy at all times. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party
website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Promotional Emails and Messages
You may choose to receive the newsletters, surveys, discounts, and other promotional materials from us through emails and messages. We will also send the latest information on products and services, and other offers with your consent. You can stop receiving promotional emails by unsubscribing from emails and messages any time. If you unsubscribe from receiving such promotional emails, we may still deliver you service-related communications and Platform messages.
How Long We Keep Your Content
Finally—and this is important—you should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, Platform functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. If any deletion of user information of our Platform happens, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
How we protect Your Information
Protecting user privacy and personal information is a top priority for us. We process your personal information to improve and enforce our security measures, combat spam, malware, malicious activities, or security risks, and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. Access to any user information is restricted to our employees, contractors, agents, and third-party service providers ONLY whom needs to know the information in order to provide, operate, develop, maintain, support, and optimize the our service experience and security. We use password protection, access logs, and system monitoring to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all user information.
Due to the inherent nature of the internet and related technology, we do not guarantee the protection of information under our control against loss, misuse, or alteration.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and control the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful. You can access and update your account information right on the Platform by visiting the Platform’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete any other personal information that we may have, you can send an email request to email@example.com. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. You can also remove our service from your
mobile device or process account deletion.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Erasure. You have the right to ask for your personal information to be deleted in certain circumstances. Please note that your right to erasure may be limited if the data are necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Restriction on Processing: You have the right to object to and ask for restrictions on the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal information.
Omega shall no longer process the personal information unless Omega demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Data Access and Removal
You can choose to remove your data anytime you want. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers, subject to any applicable legal or other requirement to maintain certain records of your personally identifiable data. Please note that the deletion of your personally identifiable data from our database may result in us not being able to provide you with the Service.
If you wish to update or delete your personal information submitted, you can update it via the Platform. Alternatively, you can send your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Data
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 18. Anyone under 18 is not allowed to use our Services. Therefore we do not collect the user information of anyone under the age of 18. In the event that the information you provide in this regard is not truthful, Omega shall not be liable as it cannot verify the age of its users. If you are under 18 years old, do not attempt to register or use the Platform or the Service. If you are under the age of 18, you may NOT use the Service, with or without the approval of a parent or guardian.